Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cool Quote & Thankfuls

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman." - Elizabeth Elliott

I came across this quote in an article I was reading in Leslie Ludy's Online Living Room, set apart girl at http://www.setapartgirl.com/home.html , it's an online magazine published by Leslie Ludy and her Ellserlie team. The article was entitled, "A Steadfast Soul" by Tessa Thompson and it ended beautifully when she said, "We may be women with a great capacity to feel, but when we look to our Father to be our rock and fortress, a shelter to whom we continually resort, the One who is mighty and victorious in and through us, we are also women with a great capacity to go throughout each day with steadfast joy, unwavering peace, and a gentle calm that truly makes us different - and yet beautifully dignified - women of the Almighty God." How profound? So thankful that I not only have a great capacity to feel, but also that I am beautifully dignified because of who He is and nothing that I have done or will ever accomplish. There's hope for me yet!

As I was thinking about this and the many things we have to be thankful for this holiday season, I remembered that I was supposed to be creating my list of 1000 things of thanks from Ann Voskamp's message at Women of Faith and as you can tell I had already forgotten, so here we go...

6. Sunrises that light up the entire sky in several different hues of color
7. White Chocolate Mocha's and Peppermint Hot Chocolate
8. Good books and a cup of hot tea
9. Fresh biscuits with melted butter and honey
10. Snuggling with my boys before bed

So now that I am doing 5/week you may be blessed with things I'm thankful for for the next 3.84 years, have fun with that.

Laughing & Loving,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment