Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting Started...

It has been such a long time since I have taken the time to really sit down and spend some time writing. I loved doing it when Tennyson was so little and I would find time to pray and write over him while we were experiencing the NICU in Joplin (for more on this visit www.thankfulfortennyson.blogspot.com to view our journey), but in the past five years since those days I have filled my life beyond full to overflowing. I don't know why I have done this to myself and my family, but I just tend to jump in headfirst and grab all the opportunities that present themselves.

So I am resolving to start some things anew, and get more focused on our family and decluttering our lives and just slowing down because too often I am sure when the Lord is speaking to me as I know He is, I am too busy to be bothered with slowing down enough to hear him.

As many of you may, or may not know, our family will be relocating in late December to the Quincy, IL area. I have accepted a position there in the student ministries department at Madison Park Christian Church. While I know that this may be a surprise to many of you as I have spent the past five years loving on the kids at Union Star School, it was time for us to find something else to invest in. Some other students to love on and to just slow down and really revel in who our Creator is.

I heard Ann Voskamp speak this weekend at a Women of Faith Conference in Kansas City, MO and she talked in depth about being grateful and how thanksgiving shouldn't just be one day a year, but should be a Christian's state of mind. She challenged us to get out some paper and a pencil and to start writing down all the things we were thankful for, to create a list of 1000 items of thanksgiving. If you're anything like me, that number is so overwhelming, not that I couldn't count to 1000 but I can't imagine really trying. I can't even imagine numbering my pages to 1000 let alone wrap my head around actually writing out 1000 things to be thankful for. While there are many, I know I am truly very blessed, I have decided to make this more manageable I will start by trying to write down five everyday.

Here goes...
1. Our Lord and Savior who is the only reason I live
2. My husband who was so perfectly created for me and puts up with my constant failure
3. Our wonderful boys, Tennyson and Titus, who are in essence the very best of both of us
4. Families, and the way that regardless of what has happened in life or how far we have gone, they are there.
5. Friendships, there are so many wonderful people that we work with on both regular and irregular basis that Travis and I will miss greatly after we move, but know that we will forever be joined, even if only for this season.

I have so much more that I want to say but of course, two ballgames are calling for my time and attention, right after I pick up those beautiful faces.

Resting in His Arms,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment